At Woodsetts Primary we see the value of continuing our learning at home whenever possible. This can be done in a variety of ways. These include:
- Frequent reading at home using a variety of books (including phonic decodable texts), enjoyment books, comics and our online reading systems such as EPIC Reading and Bug Club.
- Weekly key words and spellings.
- Maths practise learning key facts, times tables and using systems such as Times Table Rockstars.
- Half termly home learning challenges which can be accessed via the Class Pages.
- Revising our key "Sticky knowledge" by revising our Knowledge Mats for each subject.
- Booster books (e.g. Grammar and Punctuation) for some year groups.
- Y6 revision for SATs using our online learning system called Mirodo.
We are also trying to introduce 'flipped' lessons where children will have access to learning content prior to lessons to help them prepare. They will also be able to access this material afterwards to help them recap, revise and consolidate key learning.
If you would like any support, ideas or help with home learning for your child, please contact the class teacher who will be happy to help.