Both the staff and Governors are in support of a uniformed dress code guided by the principles in our Uniform Policy. We believe this helps create a strong sense of identity for the school. It may also stop children competing in the “fashion stakes”, as well as proving cheaper to families in the long run. You can download a full copy of our Uniform Policy by navigating to the Key Policies Section.
Principles of the uniform policy
- Blue zip-up fleece or jacket
- Blue sweatshirt (ideally with school logo on)
- Blue or white Polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers – no ripped or patterned denim
- Grey or black skirt
- Grey pinafore
- Black or dark coloured, flat sensible, safe, shoes
- White polo shirt or white t-shirt
- Plain black shorts or tracksuit/jogger bottoms for outdoor and winter
- Trainers for outdoor games only – these may be worn during breaks and lunch.
- Plimsolls for indoor PE – this is for health and safety reasons
Jewellery, make-up and watches
We ask that no jewellery (e.g. rings, bracelets, necklaces) be worn to school. This is due to health and safety but also to protect these items from loss, damage and theft. Children may wear a watch to school but ask that these not be high-value smart watches (e.g. Apple I-Watch). School is not able to accept responsibility for any items brought into school should they be damaged, lost or stolen. We also ask that make-up not be worn in school.
Ordering school uniform
We have made some changes to improve the system for supplying school uniform. You can now order and pay for school uniform online from School Trends by following the link.
Alternatively visit www.schooltrends.co.uk Simply go to the website address, then select ‘Find My School’ and follow the order instructions.
There are no minimum order quantities and your uniform will be delivered directly to your chosen address. As well as our approved decorated school uniform, you are also able to order plain items such as trousers, skirts and shirts.
Other ordering information including sizes, delivery information and the returns procedure is also available online. Please also see the leaflet below for more information.